Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wonderful, fantastic and what were you thinking?

There are some some simply wonderful, fantastic things that my kids do and then some that I have to sit back and wonder what they were thinking.  The last few weeks have been eventful to say the least so her is my wonderful, fantastic and what were you thinking top five:

1. Jakob read his first book ever which is both wonderful and fantastic.  I was so proud of him and literaly cried when he signed "the end".  I couldn't help but ask what he was thinking when I opened said book and it was covered with buggers.  Enough said.

2.  Kris was running around in a diaper while I was dressing his sister and was cleaning up his toys in the living room. Wonderful!  But so he could carry a bunch of toys to his room at one time he shoved them down his diaper. His poopy diaper. Yeah.........gross pretty much described that.

3.  Trent has been learning about ir, ur, er and ar during school.  He wrote out the word shirt. Fantastic right?  He's only five.  But then came, "Mom if you don't put the r it says SH@* just like the bad word we shouldn't say." I'm sure he thought long and hard about that in time out.

4. Marley finally went potty in the potty chair.  Wonderful and fantastic! She asked for big girl underwear like Kris' big boy underwear.  An hour later she came out of her room crying because she had gotten Kris' underwear stuck on her head. Seriously.  I had to cut them off of her.  I think we'll be waiting on the big girl underwear.

5. On a good day the twins and Trent like to be helpful and I usually put them to work with the laundry.  They all put their own clothes away.  Wonderful for me!  Putting Kris to bed one night I noticed that his pillow was huge. After a quick investigation I discovered several pairs of his pants that I had been looking for.  I had been looking for three days and he was sleeping on them.  He tried to convince me that he needed them in case we decided to go camping.

I love our wonderful, fantastic and what were you thinking moments.  These kids never cease to make me laugh.

1 comment:

  1. I love your crazy, beautiful, REAL life! much love to you andrea!

    ReplyDelete