Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Trent and Bruce Turner

Trent was only at CCS one year in the two day preschool but he still knew Bruce Turner.  He had seen me break down and cry when I was told the news about Bruce and so I shared with him what had happened.  I wasn't sure how much he understood about death and then he said something I'm sure to never forget.  He said, "Mr. Turner was sick mom and you said we won't be sick when we go to heaven. I think Mr. Turner is eating lots of candy and riding his bike.  He can watch the kids in heaven go down the slide."  I couldn't help picturing Bruce up in heaven keeping an eye on the playground, whistle and all :)

1 comment:

  1. most times our sweet babies have a better understanding of eternity than we give them credit for. cute story. you'll be glad you documented it.

    ReplyDelete